About Restoration of Status
If your temporary status in Canada (e.g. your study permit) has expired and you did not apply for an extension before the expiry date, you must apply to restore your status within 90 days of the expiry date if you want to stay in Canada. This process is known as restoration of status. Visit IRCC for more information on restoration.
Who can apply ?
You may apply if:
- You lost your temporary resident status (e.g. as a student) because you remained in Canada longer than the period authorized for your stay, but not longer than 90 days
- You continue to meet the initial requirements for your stay and have not failed to comply with any other conditions imposed
How to apply ?
- Apply for restoration and an extension of your study permit online
- Pay the $150.00 CAD study permit extension fee and the $200.00 CAD restoration fee
- On your application, you must provide full details of all the facts and circumstances
You can only apply for restoration from within Canada.
Legally speaking it can be a very complex, exhausting and lengthy process to restore your temporary resident status in Canada. Get professional help from us. Book a free consultation, let’s talk!