#206 1501 17th Avenue SW Calgary
Phone: 403-454-CORE

Core Connection


As of 18 June 2019, Canada has introduced two new home caregiver pilots to help home support providers immigrate to Canada. They serve as replacements for the LCP (Live-in Caregiver Program), which was closed to new applicants at the same time. But fear not, under the new home care provider pilots you will be able to apply for permanent residence if you have a valid job offer or already have work experience in Canada as a caregiver as well as meet the eligibility requirements.

If you are already working in Canada and applied through the Live-in Caregiver Program for permanent residency before the cut-off date, 18 June 2019, your application is still valid. Once you have two years of work experience you must submit proof to Canadian immigration authorities.

The 2 new immigration pilots, available to Home Care Providers are:
  • The Home Child Care Provider Pilot
  • The Home Support Worker Pilot

Both 5-year pilots are aimed at helping foreign skilled and experienced home child care providers and home support workers relocate to Canada and gain permanent residency.

These are two separate programs and applications must be made under the specific program your offer and skills are suited to. Applying to the wrong program could see your application for permanent residence denied.
Do you know that you can apply for both Canadian work permit and permanent residence in a pilot immigration program. Consult our licensed member to learn more about the IRCC pilot immigration programs and help match your profile to the most suited pilot program. Live your Canadian dream, let’s talk! Book a free consultation today
Scroll to top