#206 1501 17th Avenue SW Calgary
Phone: 403-454-CORE

Core Connection


Study Permit issued - INDIA


Study Permit issued - TOTAL


India representing 41%, 34% and 43% of total study permits issued to international students in the years 2019, 2020 and 2021(Jan – Aug) respectively

Rejections are on the rise for Study Permit applications from India

This is the bitter reality! Despite the fact that students from India are eligible for faster processing through the Student Direct Stream with up to 20-day turnaround time (As reported by IRCC) provided they fulfill certain requirements. These requirements include, but are not limited to: having a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) of CAD 10,000.00, being a resident outside of Canada when applying, presenting a letter of acceptance from a designated post-secondary learning institution, providing proof of payment of the first-year tuition, and scoring high in IELTS.

As the data implies, MISREPRESENTATION is one of the key reasons leading to not only REFUSAL but also an immediate 5-year ban from entering Canada.
It is clearly reported that students from India are increasingly being exploited by illegal agents with false promises, fake GIC and ACCEPTANCE LETTERS, forged documents and what not. That being said, the onus is always on the applicant to authenticate and cross check before submitting any official documents to the IRCC.
The second most common reason reported for study permit refusal is the purpose of your visit which is directly connected to the study plan (also known as the statement of purpose). If the study plan is vague, generalized, and/or inconsistent, this may result in straight away refusal.
DON’T BE A VICTIM. Do your homework and make sure that you are consulting a licensed immigration consultant or lawyer and following a legal path. Our educational advisors leave no stone unturned when it comes to validating official documents or drafting a ‘Statement of Purpose’. Our job is to establish a core connection between you and your study plan. We professionally represent your case and satisfy the officer so you may pursue your Canadian Education Dream!


A letter of acceptance, or what can be known as an offer letter or offer of admission, is a mandatory document required by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in an application for a Canadian study permit or ‘student visa’.
Every Canadian university or college has a different set of admission requirements and documentation expected from prospective students, which may depend on the intended program of study.
The first step to receiving a letter of acceptance is to submit a complete application to the Designated Learning Institution (DLI) you are interested in attending.
In addition to meeting general admission requirements, you may need to prove specific subject prerequisites, or submit a personal profile or statement of interest as part of an application to study at a post-secondary institution.
Therefore, it is advisable to apply to more than one institution.
  • Prepare your application to the Canadian school
  • Understand how schools choose successful applications
  • Find out if you are eligible for a conditional letter of acceptance
  • Know what elements are required on a letter of acceptance
The IRCC strongly encourages the DLIs to use the new template provided for the letter of acceptance (PDF, 73.68KB). It contains all of the necessary information and will facilitate the processing of study permit applications.

Students can establish acceptance to a course or program of study by showing officers an original letter of acceptance (or a scanned copy if the applicant is applying through e-Apps) from the DLI that they will be attending.
The following list of items should be included in the letter of acceptance from the DLI submitted by the student at the time of their study permit application:
  • Full name, date of birth and mailing address of the student
  • Name of the institution and official contact
  • DLI number
  • Type of school or institution (e.g., private or public and, in cases where the institution is publicly funded but not a university, indication as to whether the institution is a post-secondary college, a post-secondary community college or a post-secondary technical college)
  • The field or program of study, level and year of study into which the student was accepted
  • The estimated duration or date of completion of the course
  • Date on which the selected course of study begins
  • The last date on which a student may register for a selected course
  • The academic year of study that the student will be entering
  • The tuition fee
  • Scholarships and other financial aid (if applicable)
  • An expiry date indicating the date until which the letter of acceptance is valid
  • any conditions related to the acceptance or registration, such as academic prerequisites, completion of a previous degree, proof of language competence, etc
  • Clear identification of the educational institution, normally confirmed through its letterhead
  • For study in Quebec, the requirement of a Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ)/li>
  • Where applicable, licensing information for private institutions normally confirmed through letterhead
  • Whether the course or program of study is full-time or part-time
Letter of acceptance exemptions
A foreign national is exempt from the letter of acceptance requirement in the following situation: Family members of foreign nationals whose application for a work or study permit is approved in writing before the foreign national enters. This exemption does not guarantee the approval of a study permit application.
Work Permit for Students
I’m an international student in Canada. Can I work while studying?
You may be eligible to work in Canada while studying, if your study permit includes a condition that says you can work on or off campus. You must also meet all the other requirements. You can only start working in Canada when you start your study program. You can’t work before your studies begin.
Work on or off campus
As a study permit holder, you may be able to work on-campus or off-campus without getting a work permit. Make sure you meet the requirements before you find a job.
Work as a co-op student or intern
You will need to get a work permit if your study program includes a required co-op or internship placement. Find out how to apply for a co-op work permit.

Acceptance Letter

Video content courtesy: Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)

Scroll to top